the old school barbering Professional program
"Confident to work"
I had a blast at London School. I have learned a lot and am confident to work as a full time Barber.
– Connor F.
"Do yourself a favour.."
If you’re considering a barber career education here in Vancouver–do yourself a favour; go to London School.
– Brett I.
"..Techniques to Succeed"
It has been great how the instructors have given us the tools and techniques to succeed and know when to be serious as well as when to be light hearted and joke around.
– Bill M.
"Best 6 Months.."
Was the best 6 months of school I’ve ever had.
– Jacob B.
What’s in a name…sometimes everything.
London School has launched more barbering careers than any other school in Canada. Long before barbering was a thought in other schools; London School was there helping shape Barbers and it’s local industry into the thriving business and culture it is today. With a strong connection in the Barbering Community and the host of Vancouver’s largest Barbering Event of the year Battle of the Barbers. Our students have more opportunities when launching their careers.
OLD SCHOOL BARBERING PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
CURRICULUM FOCUS POINTS |
- Full comprehensive program created to get Barbers working behind a chair with little to no apprenticeschip.
- Complete well rounded training in the Art of Barbering and Business.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS | Must be of at least 19 years of age or have a high school diploma. Must be able to pass our basic english test with a score of 70% or above. No prior post secondary is required.
SCHEDULE OPTION DAYTIME (6 MONTHS):
(MON+WED+FRI 9AM TO 5PM)
SCHEDULE OPTION EVENING (7 MONTHS):
(MON TO THUR 5:30PM TO 9PM)
SCHEDULE OPTION MIXED (7 MONTHS):
(MON 9AM TO 5PM) + (TUES+WED 5:30PM-9:30PM)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Core Building block skills
- Cutting 101
- Shaving basics
- Client care
- Introduction to business
- Cuts and Tapers.
CUTTING & STYLING
- Fade fundementals (Basic, Mid, Drop, High, and Bald fading)
- Long to short Business cuts
- Faux Hawks
- Basic flat top
- Modern Trend
- Razor cutting
- Neck clean up with razor and foils
- Shapeups, perimetre & edging
ADVANCED CUTTING & STYLING
- Flat top with pick
- Extreme pompadour
- Stylized mullets
- Teddy boy with Jelly Roll & duck tail
- Sharp Fade with edge up
- Taper Shag
- Razor cutting techniques
- Troubleshooting hair loss / balding
- Working with strong straight hair
- Understanding various hairlines
- Tight curl cutting basics ( Afro cut, Flat top, Tapered Afro, Assymetrical Flat top, Fading )
- Tool handling with pick /sponge/brushes
- Cornrows / directional braiding (optional)
SHAVING & BEARD CARE
- Shave room setup & etiquette
- Sanitization and disinfection for shaving
- Tool handling and care
- Shave room product knowledge
- Skin analysis and skin care basics
- Correct shaving procedures
- Client care
- Beard Line-ups
- Mustache shaping and styling
- Beard Shaping and trimming
TV & FILM
Our IATSI film guests will cover what’s needed for Barbers to get into television and film. From the very basic steps to how to understand film set culture and what to expect once on set.
BUSINESS & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Job Searching and resume building
- Industry Insights
- Job Interview tactics
- Client care and chair building essentials
- Establishing Chair Rentals
- Understanding Social Media and brand building
- Shop Culture
- Business Building (Logistics / leases / promoting / taxes and laws / creating a positive work environment)
THEORY & TESTS
- Quiz – Cutting 101
- Test – Hair Geometry and design
- Test – Infection Control
- Behind the Chair Fundamentals
- Tool Handling & Care
- Product Knowledge
- Test – Client Consultation & Care
- Test – Chemistry
- Business Fundamentals & Social Media
- Test – Properties of the Hair and Scalp
- Test – Disease of the Hair and Scalp
- Physiology / Anatomy of the head
- Grey Coverage Colour
OPTIONAL AVAILABLE CLASSES
- Braiding / cornrows
- Perming for Barbering
- Facial Waxing
These classes are elective. No additional charges are applied.
tuition / $8,990.00
or monthly interest free payments of $1498.35
Need help with finance and payments? London School is an accredited school, which allows eligible registered students to apply for government funding, sponsorship or student loans.
KIT / EQUIPMENT
COST OF KIT / EQUIPMENT | $1665.00
Total cost of TUITION + KIT | $10,655.00
Purchasing a kit from us is optional, however a kit must be acquired within the first week of school to participate in class.
What comes in the kit:
|Wahl Clipper and Trimmer||Clipper Cleaner||Cutting Razor|
|Cutting Razor Blades||Cutting Shears||Thinning Shears|
|Shaving Razor||Shaving Razor Blades||Measuring beaker|
|Colour bowl||Large duffle bag||Hair duster|
|Spray Bottle||Gloves||Cutting Comb|
|Tail Comb||Tint Brush||Vent Brush|
|Denman brush||Du-all Clip||Crocodile clamp|
|1 Bearded Mannequin||3 Short Haired Mannequin||Mannequin holder and extension|
114 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
We respectfully acknowledge that our work takes place on traditional, ancestral lands of the MUSQUEAM, SQUAMISH and TSLEIL-WAUTUTH First Nations.