We believe in providing superb quality in a creative environment. To provide our students with as much hands on training as possible. We pride ourselves in on real clients in our student salons. Creating as much opportunity as possible for our students to leave confident in their skills.
Programs designed for everyone; wherever someone is at in their journey and career goals.
PROFESSIONAL HAIRSTYLIST PROGRAM
BRUSH-UP YOUR SKILLS
"Made me feel really ready"
I think the most important thing was how much hands-on experience we got as students in the schools salon. Made me feel really ready to enter a salon.
– Sarah M.
Amazing experience! So knowledgeable and [the program] offers a relax and down to earch vibe.
"Changed my life"
I love London School! It’s definitely the best school that I have attended. I seriously cannot say enough great things about this place. It has changed my life for the better.
– Alexa N.
PROFESSIONAL HAIRSTYLISTS PROGRAM
CURRICULUM FOCUS POINTS |
- Designed to place graduates behind a salon chair more quickly with little to no apprenticeship time.
- Focus on all aspects of hair design; from fundamental basics to advanced cutting, balayage, advanced colour work, business, film, social media and career management.
- Red Seal Foundations Approved
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS | Must be of at least 19 years of age or have a high school diploma. Must be able to pass our basic english test with a score of 70% or above. No prior post secondary education in field required.
SCHEDULE (10 MONTHS):
(TUES+WED+THURS 9AM TO 5PM)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
FUNDAMENTALS | CUTTING 101
- Hair Cutting 101
- Foundations in colour (application / directional / thermal styling / tool handling / blowdrying / braiding / updos & perming)
- Men’s cutting basics
- Wolfcut (long graduated cut)
- Inverted + assymetrical bobs
- Extreme inversion
- Pixie Cut
- Razor cutting and texturing
- Advanced mens cutting (Barbering)
- Long to short business cuts
- Fade fundamentals
- Modern trends
- Beard Shaping
- Shave fundementals (optional)
ADVANCED COLOUR + CHEMICAL WORK
- Colour Corrections
- Advanced highlights and lowlights techniques
- Hair relaxing / straightening
- Weave / stack perms
- Root Perms
- Hoop / Spiral Perms
- Piggyback Perms
ADVANCED STYLING + BRAIDING
- Advanced Blowouts
- Pre-blowdry product understanding
- Lace, Rope, French, Twist Braids
- French Rolls, Rose Buns, Chignon
- Vintage styling / Hollywood waves
- Extensions (micro loop, tape-ins, weaves/wefts)
- Clip-in Extensions
- Wedding work / Business
BUSINESS ESSENTIALS + MEDIA
- Job Searching and resume building
- Industry Insights
- Job Interview tactics
- Client care and chair building essentials
- Establishing Chair Rentals
- Understanding Social Media and brand building
- Business Building (Logistics / leases / promoting / taxes and laws / creating a positive work environment)
TV + FILM
Our IATSI film guests will cover what’s needed for hairstylists to get into television and film. From the very basic steps to how to understand film set culture and what to expect once on set.
MAKEUP / WAXING / THREADING
- Make-up essentials for behind the chair professionals. Covering day and evening looks as well as glamour and wedding basics.
- Facial waxing
- Facial threading
THEORY & TESTING
- Behind the chair (Industry Conduct + professionalism)
- TEST – Infection Control
- Toold handling
- Consultation & Client care
- Social Media
- TEST – Basic + Advanced Colour
- TEST – Chemistry
- TEST – Properties of head & scalp
- Quiz – Cutting 101
- Life Skills / Self care
- TEST – Chemical Texturizing
- Product Knowledge
- Quiz – Skin Analysis
- TEST – Anatomy & Physiology
- TEST – Foundations of Cutting
RECEIVING YOUR DIPLOMA
Students are required to pass all practical elements and theory tests with a score of 70% or above, have tuition fully paid (if monthly payment option was chosen), and have the required hours completed to receive a diploma for the Professional Hairstylist program.
GET YOUR RED SEAL
Our Professional Hairstylist program is a Red Seal Foundations program. Your first step to receiving your Hairstylist Red Seal.
As a part of the program, you will complete what is necessary to continue on to the next steps to receiving your Red Seal:
- Students must have graduated our participating program.
- Students must complete a 300 hour practical portion (separate from London School’s program). This can be done simultaniously with this program or some students choose to do this after completing London School’s Professional Hairstylist Program.
- Completion of a survey and Red Seal written Exam.
tuition / $12,900.00
or monthly interest free payments of $1290.00
Need help with finance and payments? London School is an accredited school, which allows registered students to apply for government funding, sponsorship or student loans.
KIT / EQUIPMENT
COST OF KIT / EQUIPMENT | $1895.00
Total cost of TUITION + KIT | $14,795.00
Purchasing a kit from us is optional, however a kit must be acquired within the first week of school to participate in class.
What comes in the kit:
|Shears||Cutting comb||Measuring Beaker|
|Thinning Shears||Tail comb||Water Bottle|
|Cutting Razor||Small Round Brush||Palm Brush|
|Pack of Razors||Medium Round Brush||School bag|
|Blowdryer||Large Round Brush||Jaw Clamps|
|Flat Iron||Denman Brush||Sectioning Clips|
|Curling Iron||Combout Brush||Roller Clips|
|Clipper and Trimmer||Tint Brush x2||Shaving Razor|
|Large tooth comb||Tint Bowl||Shaving Blades|
|Paddle Brush||Applicator Bottle||Cape|
|Gloves||Highlighting Cap||Operator Smock|
|1 Long Hair Mannequin||3 Medium Hair Mannequin||Mannequin extension and holder|
114 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
We respectfully acknowledge that our work takes place on traditional, ancestral lands of the MUSQUEAM, SQUAMISH and TSLEIL-WAUTUTH First Nations.